Environmental sustainability is a systemic, culturally-driven operating philosophy that aims to simultaneously improve the economic, environmental and social performance of an organization. In an era challenged by unprecedented global pressures on energy, water and raw material accessibility and costs, a company’s negative impact on the environment is now being exposed by the transparency of the information revolution. Understanding and integrating sustainable business practices into your company serves as a powerful force to guide improved performance and higher brand reputation.
Sustainable Research Group has proven ability in helping clients rise above these challenges by using its sustainability methods to reduce operating costs, improve its access to the “green” customer and enhance its reputation to stakeholders. SRG’s method is based on the following approach:
- Corporate vision development – We will help establish a sustainability strategy that sets a clear direction for the organization. Your organization has a unique value-set that complements the company’s existing corporate culture; it will be identified and integrated into the vision.
- Lean & Green assessments – SRG uses a technique modified from lean manufacturing to identify all waste in the system studied. This is typically a starting point to determine an organization’s current state of sustainability which then leads to a desired future state.
- Improvement Implementation – Opportunities identified in SRG assessments often need additional funding, or expertise to implement them in a timely and efficient manner. We often help clients locate funding and supplement their internal staff with our own to get the job completed.
- Employee engagement – Our philosophy uses a top-down/bottom-up perspective to get “all hands on deck” to address business improvement opportunities.
- Stakeholder identification and engagement – We protect and improve your company’s reputation and image in the marketplace with opinion leaders. This starts with knowing and understanding the segments of the market that have a material interest in your operations.
- Training & education – Sustainable Research Group helps your staff be productive in critical environmental management areas as energy, water, waste, chemicals and social reporting.
- Independent review – SRG provides an impartial and objective assessment of technical studies such as Life Cycle Assessments and Eco-Evaluations.